Essence Blogger's Beauty Secrets // Review + Swatches




Essence has brought out a brand new collection this month and it is one that I've been waiting for, the Blogger's Beauty Secrets palettes! I bought 2 palettes that caught my eye, the first one being The Glow Must Go On and the second one being Shape & Shadow. They are priced at $9.50 each and are available for purchase at Guardian. I bought both palettes at ION Orchard.



The Glow Must Go On palette consists of two matte eyeshadow, one highlighter and one glowing bronzer. Sandalwood is a beautiful eyeshadow that sits well on my oily eyelids and I would put it on my outer V. It blends pretty well but it can get a bit patchy, so a transition color should be placed underneath to help it blend well. Cinnamon, however is not pigmented at all and it is a complete dud.

The Honey Glow highlighter is a beautiful warm undertone highlight that will look perfect on darker skin tone. It can be applied lightly for a natural glow from within look, or layered on for an intense look. The highlight of this palette, Glowing Bronzer is very pigmented and it lasts all day on my skin. I lightly dip my brush into the bronzer and dust it all over my forehead and on my cheeks to fake that sun-kissed look. I recommend this palette for darker skin girls as the highlighter and bronzer will look quite intense on fair skin.


The Shape & Shadow palette has 2 eyebrow powders, 1 matte eyeshadow, 1 metallic eyeshadow, 1 metallic highlight and 1 eyebrow wax. This palette is very versatile since all of the pressed powders can be used interchangeably as eyeshadow or eyebrow powders.

I mix both Hazel Grace and Audrey Highbrow to fill in the front of my brows and Brigette Brown at the end with the brush provided inside the palette. They are really easy to blend so do not worry about your brows looking unnatural! I personally prefer to set my brows using a brow gel but if you like to set yours with wax, it is included here as well.

I strongly recommend everyone to get this palette as it has colors suited for almost all skin color.

Have you tried other palettes? Leave me a comment down below!

xoxo,
lynn

0 comments