CATRICE Contourious Collection // Swatches + First Impressions



CATRICE has just released a new contouring collection, the Contourious Collection, the moment I saw these I knew I had to get it since I do not have much contouring products. I picked up a few that caught my eye!

The first product that I wanted to get was the Sculpting Powder Palette. There are 2 color selection, one for lighter skin and another for medium skin tone. I picked up the lighter one, C01 Pale Perfectionist. It includes a highlighter, blush as well as a contouring shade.

Sculpting Powder Palette - C01


I love the highlighter as it is a really subtle cool icy shade, a very toned down shade compared to Colourpop’s Flexitarian. The blush is too pink for me, it goes on a little patchy as well so it is a pass. The contouring shade though, I love! I hate looking orange and this does not do that to me. It is pretty neutral, perfect for shading.

I actually do not have any cream contour products at the moment, so I decided to try the Contouring Cream Palette. The texture is very creamy, almost to the point of just being waxy. It does not dry down completely thus this is more suitable for people with dry skin.

Contouring Cream Palette


I have oily skin, I powder my face anyway thus I think it will stay on quite well for me. I will wear this on days without foundation for a natural look as it sculpts my face beautifully. I blend this in with the contouring brush which I will talk more about next!

I am confident that I’ve finally found my favorite contouring brush, so much so that I will buy a back-up if I happen to see it again. It is pretty short which means it is travel-friendly, it fits into any pouch that I have. The bristles are so soft, I don’t want to stop using it lol. The density of this brush makes it super easy to blend the cream contour out like a dream.

I use the 3CE Stylenanda Magic Touch Face Maker to contour my nose and this brush makes it easier because of how slim it is. The concept of this brush is similar to the NARS Ita brush. Get this brush if you use cream products, it won’t disappoint!

*Update: Silly me, I have forgotten to take a photo of the brush!! T_T But I think it is pretty self-explanatory from the picture above!

The last product I picked up is the Lip Contour & Colour in C01 Nude. It is definitely a dupe color-wise, for the Kylie Lip Kit in Candy K. A more affordable dupe would be the Etude House Dear My Blooming Lips Talk in BE109.

Lip Color & Contour in C01 Nude


It comes with a matte lip liner which I use to fill in my lips, then layer on the matching lipgloss. Surprisingly, the lipgloss is not heavy and is just a little tacky. My hair does get caught though, after all, it is a lipgloss. The gloss adds a bit of a shine that helps to plump your lips!

I am so happy I like everything I got! Even though CATRICE is an affordable brand, it still sucks if I spent money on something that I will not end up using. I saw this at Guardian today if you do see it when you’re dropping by the drugstores, be sure to check it out!

Here is the link to the full collection. I will post future updates on my Instagram so be sure to follow me there! My IGN is: @stylebylynn
Thank you for reading! xx

0 comments